Although skies were gray and snow was impending, a large delegation of Sisters gathered at the DHS Administrative Center in Putnam to celebrate Mass and to share a lovely meal on the occasion of the Foundation Day (Immaculate Conception) of the Congregation in 1706.
It was lovely to meet after a year’s hiatus due to Covid restrictions. The abundance of smiles, hugs and greetings gave testimony to that fact.
The Eucharist was celebrated by Rev. Edward Dempsey and the Sisters offered readings and formed a spontaneous choir to enhance the festivities.
A succulent catered dinner capped with home-made pies surpassed everyone’s expectations. Of course, there was plenty of cheer and fluid conversation to everyone’s delight.
The repast was funded in part by a generous gift from the East Coast DHS Associates.
As seen in the photo, a lovely statue of Mary given years ago to the Sisters at Putnam Catholic Academy adorned the front of the altar alongside a colorful floral arrangement sent in by Associate Lorena Dutelle for the Feast Day.
The other photos by themselves tell the story of this joyful time for the Sisters at prayer and at play.
Mary our Patroness, you are blessed indeed. Kindly bless us in return.