Who are DHS Associates?
Associates are women and men – lay and clergy, married and single, of all denominations – who seek to live out their baptismal call to holiness, in the Spirit of Pentecost DHS Associates, with members in North and South America, Europe, Africa and Australia form an international body, linked to the Daughters of the Holy Spirit.
Associates are persons who “feel at home” with the spirituality of the Daughters of the Holy Spirit (DHS). Associates sense a call to live the Spirit’s mission of love and life, and to devote 1hemselves to the poor, the disadvantaged and the oppressed.
Associates are linked to the Daughters of the Holy Spirit through a mutual covenant expressed in a simple ceremony. They enter into a close spiritual relationship and a sharing of gifts with the OHS extended Consecrated Seculars and Associates.
What do Associates do?
Associates strive to cooperate with the action of the Spirit in leading faith-filled lives. They promote the cause of the poor, the young, and the disadvantaged. Thus, while the individual Associates develop and deepen their own spirituality they become a leaven and a witness to the Spirit wherever they are. Associates meet regularly to reflect together on practical ways of living the DHS Mission. Relationships among members of the DHS family are fostered through various local, regional, and province gatherings. Through their mutual covenants) both Associates and the Sisters are enriched, afflrmed and challenged on their own journeys in the Spirit’s Mission of, love in the world.
DHS ASSOCIATES ARE WOMEN AND MEN, LAY AND CLERGY, MARRIED AND SINGLE WHO
- bond themselves to the Daughters of the Holy Spirit by a covenant
- enter into a close relationship with the Daughters as they share their gifts
- continue their own lifestyles as they strive to live in the Spirit of Pentecost
- feel at home with the DHS spirituality
- sense a call to be available in the Holy Spirit’s mission of life and love
- live out their commitment in their families, workplaces, parishes with all those they encounter
- keep in contact with a local DHS community
- are invited to attend appropriate Province events
- participate in associate regional meetings, assemblies and retreats
- may share in various DHS committees
- often participate in outreach ministries with the Sisters.
INITIAL FORMATION OF DHS ASSOCIATES occurs in small group settings involving an Associate and a Sister and includes the discussion and the study of these topics:
- Call to holiness: fuller understanding of the candidates’ Baptismal commitment
- DHS History/Charism: Historical development of the Congregation and its Gift to the Church
- DHS Mission and the Mission of Jesus
- DHS Spirituality: reflection on the Word of God, the Trinity, Pentecost and Mary
- Discernment as a way of life
- Becoming a part of the Associate Body – local, national, international
- God’s Covenant with his people and the candidates’ covenant with the Congregation.
UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL WITH OUR ASSOCIATES
- brochure coming soon
- For an application form, click here.
- For more information and/or to chat about how our DHS Associate program just might fit into your life at this time, our East and West Coast Teams will be happy to assist you. Why not call today?
|East Coast:||Patricia Krodel
|West Coast:||Irma Navarro