In 2003 the Secular Branch of the Congregation of the Daughters of the Holy Spirit was officially introduced. The Branch offers the option of living the vows of poverty, celibacy and obedience in a life style “at the heart of the world”. The members do not live in traditional religious communities but independently with the aim of creating ‘community’ with their neighbors and those with whom they interact regularly. Members of the group:
- are single women who make a constant effort to listen to the Spirit who calls us to live our baptismal promises more profoundly through our vowed consecration in which we live poverty, celibacy and obedience in a unique interpretation ‘at the heart of the world’
- live simply and share with one another and with anyone in need
- take the daily opportunity to joyfully recognize the presence of the Holy Spirit moving in the world, in our families, at work and at play
- pray in an attitude of gratitude and love while embracing the life, the concerns and the hopes of the people among whom we live
- have members in the USA, France and South America.
We are always pleased to welcome new members. So, if you believe that our consecrated lifestyle is right for you, please contact our US/South America Regional Moderator Phyllis Viens at 860-564-0758 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you soon.